Thursday 28 March 2013

The one with the radar

Sat in the doctors today, we were happily minding our own business then he came.....the noisy stranger who wants to know everything. I have this radar, and this sticker on my forehead which says 'If you are drunk or rather strange please take a seat, I really want to talk to you!' I always get the smelly drunk person on the train, and today I had a bizarre conversation with an older gentleman who wanted to know why I was sat in the doctors reception with my son. Bless, he did everything to find out why I was sat there! 'He doesn't look poorly' 'He has a good complexion!!' he was saying 'He's very alert' then he came out with the 'I am just curious, I have a curious nature' er no, curiosity killed the cat! Does anyone else bear this sticker?? There's also another radar I've found in babies. They have this sense of when their bibs are removed, at that very second that you disconnect the fluffy velcro from the claw velcro - at that very second they puke up everywhere and I mean everywhere! They must wait for the sound in their ears, and think 'that's it, this is my moment'!!

There's also the moment when your in the shower, not when you just step into the shower - that'd be far too easy. It's just that moment when you start washing your hair and lather up the soap. At that precise moment is when you hear the top soprano E sharp scream from downstairs coming from the jumperoo! Quickly putting the robe on rushing downstairs (still with the hair full of suds, which have, at this point run into the eyes - so rushing downstairs with that feeling you get when having your eyelashes tinted. You know that intense sting, that if you squint it makes it even worse - catch 22) to find actually now he is laughing at the Jamacian dancing ants! 

After our faberuni 45 mins wait in the docs it meant we missed bounce and rhyme :( Jacks also been really bad teething today so bongela has now been applied and he's wide awake (as he slept all afternoon), I'm currently trying to get him to burn some energy off! 

Speak again Saturday xx ttfn xx

17 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I used to get the weirdos when I was younger, but they seem to leave me alone now. You just want to say 'mind your own business, we're in the doctor's surgery, it's CONFIDENTIAL!' Found you on VeViVos PoCoLo BTW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish they would leave me! well at least they keep me entertained, the 45 mins wait for the doctor passed quickly as I was playing dodge the question! teehee :) I know everything about him!!

      Delete
  2. Your post made me smile Gemma :0) I have a similar radar and it's normally switched on when you don't feel like being friendly to someone ! LOL ! And the bib thing - Yep, I'm sure they wait until just that moment to do their best projectile impression. Hee Hee. My youngest also used to do what we called "power poo" ! She'd wait all week and then it would happen just as you were on your way out to the supermarket or actually in the supermarket. Aah little people. Don't you just love em?! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me laugh! I'm a magnet for old people who want a chat(not so bad),and also letchy older Men :( I work with the Elderly so I must give off some sort of vibe perhaps? As to the pervy older blokes my Husband is 13 years older that me but a total Gentlemen so I'm not sure about that one!
    #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment hun, we all must be in the same boat! We must look very talkative and interested x teehee

      Delete
  4. So much familiar about this post! Hope the little one is better now though. #PoCoLo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, yes he's fine - something of nothing really x

      Delete
  5. I have the same problem! Only because I live in a small village I usually find that I know the nosey person, and they then blab to everyone that they meet about seeing you in the Doctor's, because yeah, that's really interesting! Either that or you find you self being asked "And how are you?" to which you always reply "Oh yes, fine thank you" despite the fact that you're clearly not because if you were you wouldn't be sat there having the conversation in the first place. Bonkers. All bonkers.

    Returning the PoCoLo love!

    Kate
    Just Pirouette and Carry On...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes, the 'How are you?' rather than the 'you look utter terrible' we try to be so polite at times x

      Delete
  6. You know this is exactly what happens to me!! I always attract the weirdos - although I sometime wonder if I am a weirdo back! I think there is a magnet attached to people like you and me!! ;) Thanks for linking up to #PoCoLo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have this too, when I'm shopping - I'm so indecisive so I sometimes can take a while looking round and going back to things. Then I get the sense that the shop assistants are watching me and thinking I'm acting strange!!! I don't think I help myself sometimes! haha xx

      Delete
  7. You obviously look super friendly, which of course on hand is a good thing and then on the other!!!! Just been peeking through some of your posts, your babe is so cute.

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw cheers hun, he loves the camera - I think that's all down to grandma always taking piccis of him xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have one of these too! everyone and his dog chats to me even if i keep my head down!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes, I have a weirdometer, I attract them like flies round those zappy things. No matter where I go some strange person will appear and make a beeline for me. Even parking the car, I could park in the biggest furthest away parking space despite the rest of the carpark being empty, I'll get back to the car and somebody will be parked almost on top of my car and I can't get the doors open!#PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh groan, I hate it when that happens! And these are usually the type of people who don't pick up on the fact that no eye contact and short answers means you don't want to talk. Grrr...

    ReplyDelete